Friday, November 6, 2015

Aladdin Diamond Edition Movie & Blu-ray Review

At last the wait is over and I've been waiting for this release for a few years now. In fact I remember going nuts looking for it when I had seen that the U.K. had a steel book release
of the film hoping I could find it here in the U.S. only to find out it had not been released here yet. Being the STEEL BOOK collector that I am I could of just imported it I guess  but I feared it would be to costly to import so I waited and waited and now its finely here ! ( Not in Steel book thou :( ) guess if I really want that I am still going to have to import it. *sigh* #moviecollectorproblems

So before I get into my review of this movie lets take a moment to look at the Blu-ray Its self and the special features that come with it.
 "The Funniest Animated movie of all time." -Pete Hammond, Deadline

Disney's beloved masterpiece will make your heart race and your spirit soar. Experience the laughter, adventure and Academy Award winning music (1992: Best Music, Original Song. "A whole new world," Original score) for the first time on Blu-ray and Digital HD. And now Aladdin shines even brighter with never-before -seen tributes to the enchanting talent of Robin Williams, the "Genius behind the Genie"





Special Features:
Outtake Recordings Bring The Genie To Life
Genie 101: Hosted By Scott Weinger, The Voice of Aladdin
Unboxing Aladdin - Explore Hidden Secrets With Disney Channel's Joey Bragg
Aladding: Creating Broadway Magic- With Composer Alan Menken And Others
Disney Song Selection
and some more :)                                                            Rated: G                  Running Time: 91 Mins


My Review:
it has been many many years senses I have seen this movie. I remember watching it over and over again when I was a kid and now to finally get a restored copy of it on Blu-ray is amazing. For those who have never seen this movie, and aren’t aware of what the story is about (You had a horrible childhood), JUST KIDDING!!!! here let me give you a brief explanation of it. Using a Synopsis I found online. When street rat Aladdin frees a genie from a lamp, he finds his wishes granted. However, he soon finds that the evil Jafar has other plans for the lamp -- and for Princess Jasmine. But can Aladdin save Princess Jasmine and his love for her after she sees that he isn't quite what he appears to be? Long story short, Aladdin finds a magic lamp
and frees a Genie (played by Robin Williams)
that grants him 3 wishes. (After tricking Genie into giving him a free wish and saving him from the cave of wonders) Aladdin uses this to his advantage as he tries to better his chances of being with Princess Jasmine. Of course it isn’t that simple because Jafar
a evil wizard & advisor to the sultan also has his eyes set on the power of the Genie and the Crown. I had great time re watching this movie. it brought back alot of memories from me childhood and watching this movie with my siblings.
 From the cast of voices, to the story, to the visuals, to the music, this story is one of the best Disney’s films & how can you not love Robin Williams as the Genie? Come on Genie steals the show, I don't think any one besides Robin Williams could have done such an amazing job portraying him, (Proven in the second movie) You can see his personality shine through to the character, with his quick mind and fast jokes. Disney did a amazing job with this remastered Blu-ray. Everything is so sharp, and the colors really pop if I didn't know better and hadn't been a kid at the time of its release in theaters I would think it was made recently. The Audio Quality is also top notch, especially during the song sequences.
the Special Features that are included, add so much more to this set. You still get a lot of the great ones that you did in the past but Disney has added a handful more that are reason to buy this set alone. In honor of the great Robin Williams, Disney has included “The Genie Outtakes”, and “Genie 101” which are both dedicated to the character. The Genie Outtakes displays numerous more jokes and lines, that didn’t make it into the movie. You can see that they allowed Robin Williams to be himself, and improvise as the character.  Overall this is an amazing release, and even though it took a long time, to get any version of this film here in the U.S. (Even if it not a steel book)  I’m so glad that Disney finally released it to us.

Movie Rating 10 out of 10





No comments:

Post a Comment